PTC Delivers Integrated S1000D® Solution for Improved Product Maintenance Data Exchange in Aerospace and Defense markets.
NEEDHAM, MA - PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC), the Product Development Company®, announced that Rockwell Collins, a world leading avionics manufacturer in aerospace and defense, has selected Arbortext®, PTC's product information delivery software, for its S1000D initiative. Rockwell Collins will use the Arbortext solution to improve efficiencies and collaboration for product documentation delivery requirements across its aerospace and defense customers.
The S1000D specification is an international standard for creating, maintaining, and delivering technical publications within the civil and military Aerospace & Defense (A&D) industries. The Arbortext offering for S1000D is a fully integrated, out-of-the-box solution that provides tools for rapid compliance with the specification and increases product information quality and accuracy.
With the selection of Arbortext, Rockwell Collins has expanded its use of the PTC® Product Development System. Rockwell Collins, a customer since 1999, will use Arbortext to generate, manage, and deliver product information worldwide, while also improving information security and complying with S1000D mandates. Arbortext for S1000D also provides integrated software components that repurpose S1000D data modules to accommodate the Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) standard for web-based eLearning.
"Rockwell Collins continues to expand their use of PTC software because it consistently delivers the best technology to achieve their business objectives related to product development and information delivery to improve overall product performance," said Bill Berutti, divisional vice president and general manager, Arbortext Business Unit, PTC. "We look forward to continuing our work with Rockwell Collins as they realize the further value that the PTC Product Development System can bring to their business as they pursue S1000D compliance."
PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC) provides product lifecycle management solutions designed to meet the requirements of the global aerospace and defense industry. These solutions enable digital automation of product development and program management processes, as well as complete visibility and control over program information for secure, collaborative product development. PTC is an industry leader with 18 of the top 20 A&D companies as customers.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio