APEX, N.C - Raimund Schweiger, a mechanical engineer and specialist in computer-aided engineering (CAE), computer-aided design (CAD), and product lifecycle management (PLM) with more than three decades of experience, has joined CEI to head the company’s first international office in Munich, Germany. Raimund will be the branch manager responsible for new and existing accounts throughout Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands, Scandinavia, Finland, and Eastern Europe. Best-known for its industry-leading EnSight software, CEI offers applications for the scientific and engineering community, including tools for data visualization and plotting, communicating 3D results, and creating animations.
Schweiger, a graduate of Technical University Munich in mechanical engineering, comes to CEI from TechnoStar Europe GmbH, where he served as the managing director. He also served as a Managing Director and Co-founder of CAEvolution GmbH, Director of European Marketing at MSC Software GmbH, Manager of MSC Software France, and a Numerical Analyst at BMW AG. Schweiger has an extensive knowledge of virtual product engineering (CAE, FEA) in European aerospace, automotive, and defense industries.
“Schweiger’s extensive knowledge of the European market as well as his engineering background in aerospace, automotive and defense made him the best candidate for this position. We have numerous EnSight users in central, northern, and eastern Europe, but we are exited to grow our customer base through the direct face-to-face contact Raimund will provide,” says vice president of sales & marketing, Darin McKinnis.
CEI plans to offer its entire suite of EnSight products in the region. The Munich office has great potential, according to McKinnis. This new office will allow CEI to further relationships with existing clients in Europe, such as Airbus, Volkswagen, Daimler, Audi, BMW Sauber, Robert Bosch, and Volvo.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio