2D DCM Geometric Constraint Solving Strengthens Parametric Design and Building Information Modeling Functionality.
PLANO, Texas – Siemens PLM Software and Nemetschek North America today announced the release of Siemens PLM Software’s D-Cubed™ 2D Dimensional Constraint Manager (2D DCM) component in Nemetschek’s Vectorworks® 2010 design software.
The 2D DCM has been integrated in Vectorworks 2010 to improve the computation of architectural layouts by solving geometric constraints that are inferred from the high-level design requirements of the user. The end result is a highly intuitive associative design experience with improved performance and behavior, which enhances the creation of intelligent models in support of Building Information Modeling (BIM) workflows.
“Licensing the 2D DCM for Vectorworks 2010 extends our relationship with Siemens PLM Software, who also supplies the Parasolid® modeling kernel that we introduced in our previous release,” said Sean Flaherty, chief executive officer of Nemetschek North America. “The 2D DCM was the clear choice for a geometric constraint solving platform, offering excellent value, maximum credibility and minimum risk to support the rapid ongoing development of our innovative BIM capabilities. This successful partnership has strengthened our commitment to providing our customers with a superior design experience through sourcing the best available core technologies.”
Nemetschek North America is the latest in a growing number of vendors in AEC plant and structural design markets to license geometric modeling and parametric design components from Siemens PLM Software, the same components that have historically been key elements in many of the world’s best known mechanical CAD applications.
“Universally acknowledged as the leading solution in its field, the 2D DCM has evolved into a multipurpose parametric design component through its broad application in mechanical CAD over many years and from its more recent deployments in AEC,” said Joan Hirsch, vice president of Product Design Solutions, Siemens PLM Software. “With this new release, Nemetschek North America is providing architectural professionals with best-in-class associative design tools built on a proven foundation.”
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio