ITASCA, Ill - IFS announced today that Hytrol Conveyor Company (Hytrol), a major manufacturer of conveyors and conveying systems, has chosen IFS Applications to support its strategic initiatives by streamlining its business practices, reducing cycle times and expanding customer relations. The solution will be implemented at Hytrol’s factory and technology center both located in Jonesboro, Arkansas.
Hytrol chose IFS Applications to replace its inflexible 20-year-old software solution, and will implement components for financials, supply chain, engineering, manufacturing, sales and marketing, service and maintenance, project management, document management, quality management, human resources and business analytics.
IFS was selected for its proven depth and breadth of product functionality, ease of use, and track record of success in similar companies, according to Hytrol officials. “We were looking for an enterprise software package that would enable us to better manage both complex ETO and CTO projects, and after evaluating several leading vendors, we found that IFS offers the strongest solution on the market,” Hytrol Director of IT Steve Bell said.
“At IFS, we have been developing applications for complex engineered products for over 20 years,” IFS North America President and CEO Cindy Jaudon said. “We provide the experience and the industry-specific tools to help engineer-to-order and mixed-mode machinery manufacturers become leaner, more agile, and better equipped to deliver their products on budget, on time, every time.”
Industrial manufacturing is one of IFS’ seven targeted market segments. IFS has a broad customer base in the industry, focusing on medium to large-sized manufacturers that need support for complex order-driven and mixed-mode manufacturing across the extended enterprise. With strong support for project management, engineering, constraint-based scheduling, product configuration, and after-sales support, IFS’ component-based business solutions are designed to help companies improve quality, contain costs, and improve their competitive position in manufacturing industry segments such as machinery, defense, fabricated metal products, and plastics. Industrial manufacturing companies also benefit from IFS’ lifecycle management solution, which goes beyond product lifecycle management (PLM) to provide better integration and management of three critical business areas—products, customers, and resources—throughout their lifecycles.
IFS Industrial Manufacturing customers include Aeromatic-Fielder, Star-Cutter, J&H Machine Tools, Konskilde, Nolato Group, Bombardier, Colfax Corporation, Chief Industries, Inc., Partnertech AB, Stolle Machinery, Völkl and Tour & Andersson.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio