dezineforce has announced the appointment of George Shanks as its new CEO. Shanks brings with him a wealth of experience, which will further enhance that of the strong executive team built by Dr Peter Collins who assumes the role of commercial director and will continue to serve on the board.
Shanks joins dezineforce at an exciting time. The company recently launched a plug-and-play appliance version of its on-demand cloud based engineering design optimisation and decision support suite. This product launch has created significant opportunities in both new and existing markets by giving engineering companies an alternative, on-site way of accessing the unique capabilities of the dezineforce solution.
Shanks has over 25 years’ experience building successful companies. In 1998 he co-founded Rubus, an Internet consultancy, and helped the company grow from initial start-up to over 300 people in just over two years. Most recently he was CEO of JacobsRimell, a company he led to growth and profit over a four-year period, culminating in the successful sale of the company to a public industry player.
Commenting on Shanks’s appointment, chairman of dezineforce, Dr Uday Phadke, said: “dezineforce has successfully developed its service delivering it to customers across several target sectors in high-tech engineering. Peter Collins has led the company through this initial phase with tremendous energy and laid the foundation for its future growth. George Shanks is a successful and experienced executive whose unparalleled leadership expertise will drive the company through the next stage of its development.”
Shanks added: “There is a very talented team behind dezineforce whose groundbreaking technology gives our innovative solutions a considerable edge as engineering organisations look to make real use of design optimisation techniques. I am delighted to join the company at this time and look forward to working with the team to deliver step change benefits for our customers by transforming the way design engineers work.”
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio