HOUSTON - COADE, Inc. and ASD Global announced today a collaborative initiative to provide an integrated approach to pipe support placement by allowing COADE CAESAR II and ASD Pipe Support Optimizer (ASD PSO) to work together. This product-level integration will allow ASD PSO to automatically place pipe supports into the CAESAR II pipe model for seamless and more efficient analysis.
The capabilities within ASD PSO are designed to automatically locate and select logical pipe supports for a piping design. The output from ASD PSO will greatly benefit both designers and engineers by allowing support information to be automatically passed to CAESAR II for stress analysis and, because of the seamless bi-directional links between CAESAR II and COADE CADWorx Plant, designers can quickly optimize support locations in the design, thereby maintaining the integrity of both the engineering and design.
“ASD is committed to this strategic partnership with COADE as it aligns with our mission to provide our customers the greatest return on their technology investments,” said Manu Chatterjee, CEO of ASD. “Our knowledge-driven design automation tools integrated with COADE’s plant design and stress analysis solutions will streamline our customers’ work processes very effectively, and we are working hard to quickly bring this to market.”
“This announcement shows that COADE continues to deliver on its goal of delivering an integrated design and engineering environment,” said Thomas J. Van Laan, P.E., president and CEO of COADE. “Because 80% of the major firms in our market use COADE engineering products, this collaboration not only gives our users a productivity boost, it has broad benefits for the whole plant design and engineering industry.”
This collaboration will allow designers and engineers, equipped with both COADE CAESAR II and ASD PSO, to streamline their work processes by automating the selection of pipe supports for all major load cases prior to the detailed pipe stress analysis. This initiative brings value during the FEED and detail design stages of a project by reducing the iterative process for support selection and stress analysis. In today’s challenging environment, COADE and ASD are working closely together to deliver greater value and increased productivity to their customers.
Sep 30, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio