Vancouver B.C. - Aftercad Software is pleased to announce the launch of Renderjam, the new Software as a Service offering for 3D asset hosting and collaboration.
"Following our successful beta trials and tribulations for Aftercad Online, we have focused our feature set to service the needs of 3D asset managers who want to collaborate freely on the web" said Christopher Boothroyd, CEO of Aftercad Software. "This is the first real 3D asset hosting and collaboration solution that is simple, fast and plugin-less, it really is like the Youtube(tm) and Google Docs of 3d"
The Renderjam 3D Workspace is a Software as a Service (SaaS) offering that allows businesses to upload, view, mark-up, manage and publish large and complex 3D CAD files onto the web, without the need for proprietary viewers, providing easy and instant access to 3D project information by non-CAD professionals.
"With the development of the 3D Workspace Beta we have achieved our goal of bringing a complete online file system to our customers so that they can collaborate on all project documents including stunning 3D visuals. The goal of the 3D Workspace is to quickly centralize, visualize and annotate what it is you are trying to build so that your clients can come to decisions faster and easier. Each 3D Workspace has its own secure online file system, event notification and sharing tools so that you can easily invite clients or partners to collaborate with you on a 3D project."
Setting up a 3D Workspace is all done through the browser in minutes. Workspace share invites and login instructions are sent out via e-mail to all participants. Participants can easily upload relevant documentation, plans and 3D models into the workspace and convert the 3D files into stunning visuals that don't require any special software or training to view and make notes on. Everything that happens in the workspace is monitored and members are notified of the workspace events of interest to them like viewing, uploading, downloading and new notes.
These features are designed to save time and money right away and are a great convenience to users. By quickly aggregating the project details and files into the workspace users can retain sales momentum and keep their client engaged in a simple browser based environment that can be accessed 24x7 from anywhere. The 3D Workspace is focused on helping clients see all the details, which helps them make decisions.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets