SAN FRANCISCO - Actify Inc today announced the general release of SpinFire 8.4 which includes updates to SpinFire Reader, SpinFire Professional, and the introduction of SpinFire Markup and SpinFire Lite. The new tiered model for SpinFire, along with the availability of four new plug-ins represents a major leap in improved business processes for companies of all sizes.
The release of SpinFire 8.4 features the availability of SpinFireMarkup, which allows users limited measurement and full markup of .3D files and SpinFire Lite, which has full SpinFire Professional functionality without the overhead of importers. SpinFire 8.4's single image executable means that with only one download, users have the capability to choose which SpinFire solution is appropriate for their use. In addition to the two new product levels, the application can be operated in three different platforms: desktop, Microsoft Office and IE Browser.
"The layered approach to SpinFire 8.4 allows all levels of users within an organization to have a product that specifically meets their needs," said Chris Jones, president of Actify. "Whether it's an engineer who needs the full functions and features of SpinFire Professional or someone in sales or marketing who simply needs to review a CAD file and make markups, there is now a product for everyone."
With SpinFire's new design, each tiered product comes with full Microsoft Office Integration. This, along with the Cross Section Plus plug-in which augments SpinFire Professional's cross section capabilities; the Automatic Parts list plug-in which provides a listing of all the subassemblies, parts, and raw materials that go into a parent assembly showing the quantity of each required to make an assembly; and the Automatic Part ID plug-in which allows users to apply markup to all parts, all sub assemblies or single part/sub assembly and work in conjunction with the Automatic parts list plug-in makes the release of 8.4 a strategic advantage for all SpinFire users.
"We always try to cater to the needs of our customers," said Chris Jones. "With the advent of SpinFire 8.4, our customers can experience greater cost savings and become more efficient using the tools in the Actify suite of Products. Likewise, prospects are no longer prohibited by cost or functionality concerns. In today's economy, a solution like SpinFire 8.4 which provides options, can be appreciated by all companies.
SpinFire 8.4 is available in English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets