Chennai : Dr. Nagesh Iyer, Director Structural Engineering Research Centre (SERC), Chennai, a premier R&D laboratory under Council for Scientific and Industrial research (CSIR), Govt. of India and Dr. S. Banerjee, Chairman Zeus Numerix Pvt. Ltd. (ZNPL), a computer aided engineering company which provides solutions to engineering problems in the field of Computational Fluid Dynamics, Computational Electromagnetics, Computational Structural Mechanics, Dynamics and Controls, signed a Memorandum of Understanding on 5th August 2009 at SERC Chennai.
SERC has world class facilities for testing of materials for their characterization. It has world class expertise in structural engineering simulation and experimentation. The laboratory has executed many prestigious projects and given services to government and private organizations. SERC is also the nodal centre among CSIR, developing finite element based software FINEART for simulation of complex structural engineering problems.
Due to presence of complementary technologies SERC and ZNPL are embarking on national initiatives to cater to the growing needs and opportunities existing in numerical simulations. The principal objective of the MoU is "meeting end-user requirements which can not be met using existing software". Under the MoU, the organizations will support projects of national importance and provide total design solutions under one roof.
Speaking on the occasion Director SERC said "With MoU signed, we must make sure that this partnership prospers and becomes a win-win situation both for SERC-CSIR and ZNPL". Chairman ZNPL said, "The facilities developed in-house by SERC scientists are excellent and it would help the customer find numerical simulations and experiments under one roof".
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio