MILFORD, OH - PARTsolutions, LLC, a global provider of 3D part catalogs for manufacturers and enterprises, today announced that Toshiba International Corporation, a world leader in the design and manufacture of motors, adjustable speed drives, motor controls and other power electronics products, has launched an online parts catalog for its low voltage motor product line. The digital library of 2D and 3D CAD Toshiba-engineered products streamlines the discovery, download and purchase processes for Toshiba customers.
By initially web-enabling its general purpose low voltage motor product line including its EQPIII Premium Efficiency Series, Explosion Proof and EPACT Efficiency Series products, Toshiba is enabling its customers to quickly configure and download high quality product data in CAD-native format. By implementing PARTcatalog™ from PARTsolutions, Toshiba is saving valuable resources by eliminating the time-intensive process of creating, migrating and translating catalog content. PARTcatalog also increases Toshiba's ability to proactively deliver sales and support information to its customers.
"Supplying catalogs in paper format was no longer meeting the needs of our customers," said Jay Bugbee, Manager, Motor Business Unit of Toshiba. "Providing the CAD-native format our customers need not only saves them time and resources by simplifying a complicated process, it also keeps us at the forefront of technology in all aspects of our product and its delivery."
PARTsolutions will provide Toshiba products digitally in various online marketplaces, including the Autodesk® Manufacturing Supplier Content Center, Machine Design® Magazine CAD Library and various CAD Communities to increase awareness and sales of its products. To further broaden visibility of Toshiba products to new prospects worldwide, PARTsolutions will also make them available through its PARTenterprise™ solution, which serves major enterprise customers like Boeing, Airbus, Volkswagen, Audi and hundreds of others.
"In today's competitive business environment, more and more manufacturers are leveraging PARTsolutions' innovative technologies for 3D parts catalogs to increase sales," said Rob Zesch, President of PARTsolutions. "By leveraging PARTsolutions, Toshiba Motors is also taking customer service one step further by reducing the amount of CAD support needed and by automating their catalog."
The Toshiba Motors online catalog is live now and will continue to grow in size and scope throughout the next several months.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio