TopSolid, the integrated CAD/CAM solution by Missler Software, now supports 3Dconnexion’s full line of 3D mice. 3Dconnexion’s 3D mice give design professionals working with large assemblies in TopSolid increased navigation control and greater overall productivity throughout the design process.
3Dconnexion’s 3D mice allow design professionals to take full advantage of TopSolid’s functions,” said Dominique Laffret, director Strategic Partnerships at Missler Software. “Support for 3Dconnexion 3D mice allows TopSolid professionals to better focus on overall quality improvements, helping to ensure the final design is closer to the reality of the actual finished product.”
Unlike mice confined to motion on one flat plane, 3Dconnexion’s 3D mice allow designers to move in all three dimensions simultaneously, using six degrees of freedom sensor technology. By gently lifting, pressing and turning the 3Dconnexion 3D mouse controller cap, engineers working in TopSolid can navigate and review 3D objects in a more natural and intuitive manner, without stopping to select commands.
3Dconnexion 3D mice augment the TopSolid design workflow nicely, and together they provide a powerful 3D design solution for modeling, simulation and production of products,” said Dieter Neujahr, president of 3Dconnexion. “Whether manufacturing machined parts in TopSolid’Cam or designing sheet metal plates in TopSolid’Fold, 3Dconnexon’s 3D mice offer TopSolid users a more streamlined design process, increased comfort and enhanced performance benefits.”
3Dconnexion’s 3D mice offer TopSolid engineers several additional benefits: - A unified view of large assemblies with the ability to easily and more intuitively rotate the work plane and viewing perspective. - A more streamlined design experience with the ability to assign TopSolid critical functions to programmable keys. - A balanced and cooperative work style by engaging both hands using a 3D mouse together with a traditional mouse. - Full support of TopSolid’Design, ‘Cam, ‘Motion, ‘Mold, ‘Fold, ‘Progress, ‘Electrode, ‘Punchcut and ‘Wood.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets