NEEDHAM, MA - PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC), The Product Development Company®, today announced that Swiss-based ROWA Tunneling Logistics AG has chosen PTC CoCreate for the design and development of its complex international projects. CoCreate is PTC's explicit 3D CAD modeling and data management software that provides companies with a lightweight and flexible approach to designing products.
ROWA works with external partners worldwide to develop tunneling machinery, plants and systems from concept to installation. Whether for underwater tunnels in New Zealand or Spain; the Niagra Tunnel; the Alps Transit; or 80 meter mining tunnels in China, ROWA's installations and special solutions for tunnel drilling machinery are in demand worldwide.
ROWA relies upon the CoCreate explicit modeling software from PTC to develop these unique projects. The explicit modeling approach provides the highest level of design flexibility to meet changing customer requirements for individualized projects with tight timelines. Users can quickly and easily create 3D models and radically modify them throughout the entire design process.
PTC CoCreate Model ManagerTM is also of enormous value for ROWA. The team works on the same model instead of partial models that are later fitted together manually. All designers, including external resources, are automatically informed when changes to a component are made. This eliminates interfacing errors down the line. With CoCreate Model Manager, ROWA can develop systems with over 150,000 parts.
"Every one of our projects is unique, so it's important that any designer can take over a model, modify it and continue development without knowledge of its origin," said Werner Schiesser, CAD manager at ROWA. "Customer requested changes to a component affect the work of other designers, who have to update their parts accordingly, so it is imperative that we use explicit modeling to work directly on the geometry. We attribute our competitive edge to PTC CoCreate."
"PTC CoCreate Modeling® is ideal for companies that develop customized products and have to respond quickly and flexibly to last minute customer requests," said Martin Neumüller, CoCreate product management director, PTC. "We are pleased that PTC CoCreate is a strategic part of the ROWA enterprise strategy."
Aug 31, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio