Lightworks, a supplier of rendering solutions for developers of advanced 3D computer graphics software, enjoyed its "best ever Siggraph" in August when the Company unveiled a selection of new products and technologies to the New Orleans crowds.
Visitors to the Lightworks booth were treated to previews of a number of new features, as well as watching demonstrations of new and existing products. Highlights of the Lightworks booth included:
New Product Preview
Lightworks previewed the new Lightworks Artisan product, part of a new range of products from Lightworks which will startto be released during the fourth quarter of the year. Lightworks Artisan is a market focused component visualisation framework, designed for small to medium sized companies. Visitors to the Lightworks booth were particularly taken with the Lightworks SnapShotsTM and Lightworks Side-by-Side renderingTM which is being introduced within Lightworks Artisan, describing it as “compelling technology”. They also recognised the high value of being able to simple ‘drop-in’ the Artisan integrated rendering package into their own application.
New Lightworks Logo
Lightworks received a good reception for the new corporate identity which was unveiled at Siggraph, from both customers and partners alike. In this, the Company’s 20th anniversary year, Lightworks has refreshed its 'look & feel' in preparation for the future and Siggraph saw the start of the worldwide rollout.
Partnership between Lightworks and Caustic Graphics
Siggraph saw the announcement of a new strategic partnership for Lightworks with Caustic Graphics. Visitors to the Lightworks booth were clearly impressed with the interactive demonstration of Lightworks and Caustics technology and both companies were delighted with the response. Alex Kelley, VP Worldwide Sales & Marketing at Caustic Graphics, commented, “It’s great to be working with Lightworks as it’s clear they really understand rendering. We were overwhelmed by both the quality of their Lightworks and Caustic demonstration and by how quickly they were able to integrate our technology, and we’ve already had a fantastic reaction to this.”
Summing up the company’s participation at Siggraph 2009, David Forrester, Managing Director at Lightworks, remarked; “Siggraph New Orleans was a great show for us and we were thrilled with the response that our new products and technology received. We’re now looking forward to building on this momentum and working with our customers to provide them with exciting new functionality soon.”
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets