MARLBOROUGH, Mass - Kubotek USA, working with Tech Soft 3D, an Adobe Systems Incorporated Solution Partner, has signed an agreement to advance and strengthen its technology suite through close integration with Adobe® Acrobat® 9 Pro Extended software. Tech Soft 3D provides the Adobe technology on an OEM basis, and through their consulting services, will ensure a successful implementation of the technology within Kubotek’s MBD solutions. The agreement will provide powerful capabilities to manufacturers as they move away from 2D drawings and allow further investment in the use of MBD and PMI.
Model based definition (MBD) is quickly becoming the preferred way for OEMs to exchange design data throughout the supply chain; designs are stored and traded as 3D CAD files only. Kubotek has been demonstrating leadership in MBD related work, including involvement in the LOTAR (Long Term Archival) project for practical PMI implementation, as well as through the use of its revolutionary geometry based engineering technology in such products as the Kubotek Validation Tool.
Says Robert Bean, Executive Vice President of Kubotek USA, “The agreement strengthens our commitment to providing manufacturing professionals the robust tools they need to increase their product quality and business performance using geometry based software tools. We feel this agreement will further empower the OEM-Supplier relationship; leveraging 3D PDF as the container for 3D data with PMI relieves many of the headaches manufacturers face in their quest to implement MBD with their supply chains.”
Added Ron Fritz, CEO of Tech Soft 3D, “Kubotek’s implementation of the Adobe 3D SDK is a fine example of how Adobe’s 3D technology can extend existing high-impact solutions to add even more value for the manufacturing community through the richness and ubiquity of 3D PDF and the Free Adobe Reader.”
“We are excited to have Kubotek include Acrobat Pro Extended as part of their solution for manufacturing customers that need advanced validation and comparison technology,” said Greg Baker, Senior Manager for Manufacturing Strategic Alliances, Adobe. “With more manufacturing companies standardizing on 3D PDF as the container for 3D data with PMI, Kubotek’s validation and comparison technology will be invaluable for ensuring the accuracy of data leveraged in downstream processes.”
Adobe 3D technology will extend the power and flexibility of the full range of Kubotek Geometry based Engineering tools, including KeyCreator CAD, KeyMachinist and the Kubotek Spectrum Multi-CAD Viewer.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio