Bangalore: COMSOL Multiphysics Pvt. Ltd. announced today that the Indian Institute of Science, under a national program on MEMS, in collaboration with the Institute of Smart Structures and Systems has selected the COMSOL Multiphysics engineering software to promote learning and education among Indian universities.
The Indian Institute of Science will distribute the classkit licenses to about 65 colleges across the country over the coming months. COMSOL will also be providing training for students and faculty on the effective use of this software.
“Engineering education in India needs to emphasize hands-on learning if we want to produce world class engineers. Adoption of COMSOL in education will be a step in that direction,” said Prof. K.J. Vinoy, from the Electrical Communication Engineering Department in the Indian Institute of Science.
“Adoption of computer aided education by a premier institution such as IISc is heartening for us,” said Dr. Vineet Dravid, Manager Director, COMSOL Multiphysics Pvt. Ltd.
COMSOL started its India operations in December 2008. The India office markets and sells the industry-leading multiphysics simulation software from COMSOL and provide technical support services to its customers.
Aug 17, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets