Portland, Oregon — Autodsys, Inc. today announced the release of AutoLINE 2010 Linetype Manager which adds powerful new features and over 100 linetypes to AutoCAD software from Autodesk and Autodsys AcceliCAD. AutoLINE takes advantage of ARX in AutoCAD and Custom Entity Display in AcceliCAD to display linetypes that would not otherwise be possible.
AutoLINE 2010 includes support for the latest releases of CAD software from Autodesk and Autodsys including all AutoCAD platforms and all AcceliCAD platforms. It also includes new features that will allow even more options for new linetypes. "AutoLINE has been called both 'one of the greatest AutoCAD utilities ever' and 'one of the best products of 2008' by Cadalyst Magazine" said Ronald Prepchuk, President of Autodsys. “We have taken a great product and made it even better".
Users wishing to try AutoLINE 2010 may download it .
New Features of AutoLINE 2010:
* Support for AutoCAD 2010 both 32bit and 64bit
* Support for AcceliCAD 2010
* Start block and End block added to linetype definitions. Allows the user to specify a block that is only drawn at the beginning or end of a linetype object.
* AutoLINE linetypes in AutoCAD can be converted to blocks which will display in any non- AutoCAD system. Proxy objects can still be generated for systems that support proxies.
* Better support for LISP expressions in linetypes. LISP expressions used for the rotation angle are now evaluated per segment.
Key Features of AutoLINE 2010:
* AutoLINE allows blocks in linetypes instead of shapes
* AutoLINE allows any number of parallel lines in linetypes making possible a whole range of lines such as roads, walls, and barriers.
* AutoLINE allows a block, text, or negative dash first in the linetype definition. AutoCAD linetypes must include a positive, non-zero dash first. This limits flexibility and makes it very difficult to produce many of the linetypes that are so easy with AutoLINE. For example, with an AutoCAD linetype it is impossible to make linetypes such as 'DOTS', 'STONE', or 'CONDUIT' because the blocks won't be placed on the end of the line. With AutoLINE, if a block is first in the linetype definition it will be placed exactly on the vertices.
* AutoLINE has better options for rotating text and blocks. With AutoCAD linetypes that include text, if a line is drawn from right to left the text will be upside down. With AutoLINE there is an option so that the text will be drawn right side up.
* AutoLINE allows you to include AutoLISP expressions in the linetype definition for greater flexibility. We use this feature with our 'CONTOUR' linetype to prompt for the text to place in the line, with our 'ELEVATION' linetype to automatically assign the elevation of the line as the text in the linetype, and with our '1HOURSMOKE', 'CONVEYOR', 'STONE' and other linetypes to prompt for the width.
* AutoLINE makes it easy to create and modify new linetypes with dialog box functionality.
* AutoLINE allows polyline width (PLINEWID) and polyline linetype generation (PLINEGEN) as part of the linetype definition. As long as AutoLINE is used to draw linetypes it will make sure they are drawn correctly. With AutoCAD alone this must be managed separately.
* AutoLINE includes over 100 custom linetypes which can be modified or used as-is. Many of them would be impossible with AutoCAD alone.
* AutoLINE linetypes can be scaled by LTSCALE or forced to 1:1 scaling so they always appear the correct size regardless of LTSCALE.
* AutoLINE creates two kinds of linetypes: AutoCAD linetypes and its own special format AutoLINE linetypes. AutoLINEs own linetypes are much more flexible than AutoCADs and allow for an almost unlimited range of possibilities. Whichever kind you use (and you CAN use both), AutoLINE gives you a simple, elegant, user interface for creating, modifying, and using linetypes.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets