Altair's e-Render enables Les' Copaque Production Sdn. Bhd to bring a new 3D experience to movie goers.
BANGALORE - Altair, a leading global provider of technology and services empowering client innovation and decision-making, announced today that Les' Copaque Production Sdn. Bhd, a leading animation studio based in Malaysia, has used e-Render in the production of that nation's first 3D animation movie, Geng.
A runaway success, Geng grossed RM 6 million in less than six weeks, playing to full houses in 55 theatres.
"Our goal with Geng was to create a quality production that would set the standard for future 3D animated Malaysian movies," said Mohd Zarin, event director, Les' Copaque Production Sdn. Bhd. "The high quality we achieved with this film has much to do with the Altair software's robustness, flexibility and interoperability. e- Render is the backbone of our animation pipeline, and it also proffered the team a license to be as creative as it desired."
Les' Copaque, which is supported by the Malaysian Institute of Microelectronic Systems (MIMOS Berhad), chose to rely on the cloud-computing infrastructure deployed by Altair Engineering at MIMOS. Through MIMOS, Les' Copaque had access to Altair Engineering's e-Render software solution, and its software license proved to be an essential link in the chain by helping enable unlimited creative flexibility.
By providing Les' Copaque staff a user-friendly, intuitive Web-based interface to manage the rendering taking place in the cloud, e-Render enabled animators to focus their efforts on the development of the movie instead of concerning themselves with lack of computing power or complex file management.
Pavan Kumar, managing director, South Asia, for Altair, said, "Malaysian industry holds great potential to set benchmarks in the global animation industry. This is verified by the fact that the country is increasingly becoming a favorable destination for animation, particularly in post- production and 3D-content development. Going forward, we aim to further intensify our engagement with the leading players in the industry, like Les' Copaque Production Sdn. Bhd, by providing more advanced tools to animators across the country."
The versatile e-Render provides professionals in creative industries an easy-to-use, friendly and intuitive interface for rendering management while hiding the intricacies involved in high-end computing. It seamlessly connects popular applications used in the animation industry, such as MAYA, 3DSMax, Shake, and Nuke, with Altair's PBS Professional(TM) via a Web interface to simplify and accelerate the whole rendering process.
Aug 12, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets