VANCOUVER, BC - Aftercad Software is please to announce our inclusion in Backbone Magazines Top 20 Web 2.0 Companies for 2009, placing 12th over all.
"We are delighted to see our work validated by a widely recognized publication like Backbone Magazine" said Chris Boothroyd, CEO of Aftercad. "Our goal of making 3D accessible as a working tool for everyone is not without its challenges and its very rewarding to have the vision shared in such a way".
The Aftercad 3D Workspace is a Software as a Service (SaaS) offering that allows businesses to upload, view, mark-up, manage and publish large and complex 3D CAD files onto the web, without the need for proprietary viewers, providing easy and instant access to 3D project information by non-CAD professionals.
Setting up a 3D Workspace is all done through the browser in minutes. Workspace share invites and login instructions are sent out via e-mail to all participants. Participants can easily upload relevant documentation, plans and 3D models into the workspace and convert the 3D files into stunning visuals that don't require any special software or training to view and make notes on. Everything that happens in the workspace is monitored and members are notified of the workspace events of interest to them like viewing, uploading, downloading and new notes.
These features are designed to save time and money right away and are a great convenience to users. By quickly aggregating the project details and files into the workspace users can retain sales momentum and keep their client engaged in a simple browser based environment that can be accessed 24x7 from anywhere. The 3D Workspace is focused on helping clients see all the details, which helps them make decisions.
"It means a lot to us to have this placement and if we are lucky, the next few disruptive technologies that we plan to roll out shortly will receive similar review"
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets