Latest Release Focused on Finite Element Modeling and Visualization.
PLANO, Texas - Siemens PLM Software, a business unit of the Siemens Industry Automation Division and a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services, today announced the latest release of Femap® software which provides new finite element (FE) modeling and visualization tools for increased productivity.
Femap is a PC-based CAE modeling solution and the finite element analysis (FEA) component of the Velocity Series™ portfolio.
“Femap is known in the industry as a functionally rich finite element application,” said Bill McClure, vice president, Velocity Series, Siemens PLM Software. “This new release significantly enhances the usability of Femap in many areas, including visualization, modeling and analysis management, results processing, including increased program performance.”
Femap Version 10.1 enhancements add new functionality in model visualization and post processing, as well as NX™ Nastran® software integration and support, including:
* Multi-group display
* Model display and visualization
* Load/constraint set and analysis management
* Global ply composite post-processing
* Improved efficiency of graphics database storage
* 2D tensor force and stress plots
* NX Nastran analysis and job submittal management
Femap version 10.1 ships in August.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets