Sets Framework for Expansion into Construction Equipment Industry.
CHANGSHA, China - Perot Systems Corporation (NYSE: PER) today announced that it has entered an agreement with Zoomlion Heavy Industry Science and Technology Development Co., Ltd., to explore utilization of technology and engineering services to give both companies an increased presence in the construction equipment industry in China.
"The agreement with Zoomlion gives us the opportunity to provide advanced engineering services, opening a new door for Perot Systems in China," said David Miller, Perot Systems Managing Director for China. "Bringing our engineering services to China to work with domestic manufacturers should jointly strengthen our research and development capabilities and provide a means to reduce the cost of engineering while decreasing time to market for new products and platforms."
Founded in 1992, Zoomlion is a pioneer corporation in the China construction machinery industry and is one of the first 103 innovative experimental enterprises in China. The company is engaged in researching and manufacturing the key machineries needed for construction projects, energy source projects and transportation projects, among others. With more than 18,000 employees, Zoomlion produces over 350 types of leading products and maintains complete intellectual property. It is ranked as one of the Chinese Top 500 Enterprises, Chinese Top 100 Machinery Manufacturers and Chinese Top 10 Independent Innovation Enterprises.
As a leader in both information technology and engineering services outsourcing, Perot Systems is uniquely equipped to handle the needs of companies in the construction equipment industry. Working with Zoomlion, Perot Systems has the ability to collaborate with an experienced machinery provider to pursue new product and market opportunities in China.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets