After nearly fifteen years of US ownership, Norton Motorcycles Ltd, the quintessential and most famous of British motorcycle brands returns home.
Stuart Garner a UK based businessman and owner of Norton Racing Ltd has bought back all the trademarks and development work relating to the Norton, Manx, Atlas, Commando and Dominator brands.
Norton Racing Ltd is already in development of a new rotary engined race bike and now with the ownership of the brand itself plans are being developed to introduce a new road bike for 2009.
‘This has been a challenging and exciting period for us’ Commented Garner ‘We are proud to have brought the brands back home and we now intend to focus on re-establishing Norton Motorcycles as a premier motorcycling brand across the World’ he added.
‘We also needed to make some key technology decisions to support our design operations’, stated Garner. ‘It was obvious that we needed to partner with a solutions provider that could support our current and on-going needs with best-in-class technology that was scalable’.
‘INNEO’s professional, knowledgeable and friendly approach helped to make that decision very easy. Their proposal of PTC’s PDS solution exactly matched our criteria and enables Norton Motorcycles to add further solutions such as manufacturing as and when required’. ‘No other provider had this capability’
‘With scalability in mind Norton Motorcycles has initially implemented Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0 complemented with INNEO’s Startup TOOLS technology. We are currently reviewing PTC’s Windchill Solutions with the intention to implement in the coming months.’
Richard Allan, Channel Business Development Director PTC, commented “ We are very proud to support the design of such a famous UK motorcycle brand. We look forward to working with Norton as the company continues to implement PTC solutions, driving innovation and delivering next-generation motorcycle designs.”
Jul 28, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets