Nuremberg, Germany: At this year's EMO trade show, Siemens Drive Technologies is showcasing for the first time the new Sinumerik MDynamics technology package for milling applications. The technology package combines CNC hardware, intelligent CNC functions and the complete CAD/CAM/CNC process chain for industries with very high requirements regarding surface quality, precision and machining speeds. MDynamics is especially suitable for applications in automotive and aircraft construction, power engineering and medical systems as well as in workshop manufacturing and tool and mold making.
Exact surface machining and precise contouring – both at high speed – are factors that significantly affect manufacturing productivity and workpiece quality. Siemens is using this year's EMO specialist trade fair to present its Sinumerik MDynamics technology package for milling applications in industry. The package includes CNC hardware, intelligent CNC functions and the entire CAD/CAM/CNC process chain. There is a package version for 3-axis milling machines as well as a version for 5-axis machines, and they can be used for the Sinumerik control systems in the Compact and Premium classes.
The 3-axis technology package for the Sinumerik 840D sl, for example, includes not only a new and improved form of motion control, but also innovative setup functions as well as a new tool and program management system. Workpiece programming is facilitated by new programming functions as well as the ShopMill machining step programming. Innovative technology cycles, automatic measuring cycles, 3D simulation to support programming and bid costing as well as efficient HSC functions have also been integrated. New HMI functions, easy data and program handling with an additional CF card memory, spline interpolation and workpiece simulation for multiface machining round off the package.
The 5-axis package is supplemented by automatic residual-material identification and the Cycle996 kinematic measuring cycle. 3D radius compensation and expanded 5-axis functions, including integrated kinematic Transformation Tool Center Point programming (TRAORI), are also part of the overall milling package.
The new integrated HighSpeed Setting Cycle832 ensures rapid adaptation to the machining strategy. Innovative technology cycles for trochoidal or plunge milling enable fast, simple and efficient workpiece machining. User-friendly and speedy handling of complex workpieces in a clamp in both JOG and automatic modes is possible with the new Cycle800 swivel cycle for complete machining. The remaining runtime display and the visualization of large mold making programs support the operator during machining.
Jul 6, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio