Dublin, Ireland - Michael Collins is director of Michael Collins Associates, an Irish architectural practice. In a recent interview, Mr. Collins praised ZWCAD as “just as fast and reliable, or even better” than the existing system they have been using “at a very big reduction in cost.”
Established in 1988, MCA provides a full range of architectural, interior design, master planning, and project management services. The firm is involved principally in the areas of urban renewal, commercial, residential, educational, healthcare, and leisure, as well as buildings for the bloodstock (horse breeding) industry.
Using CAD software, MCA generates architectural and interior design services, and produces architectural design and construction drawings. Mr. Collins said his firm has about 30 CAD workstations that have been running another CAD system for the last twenty years. This year, however, they converted four of the workstations to run ZWCAD.
Mr. Collins explained how they are using ZWCAD 2009 for managing production. “We have been running ZWCAD successfully on the four workstations for the past six months. We use ZWCAD as our drafting tool to produce architectural designs and construction drawings.”
The other CAD system used by MCA is the market leader in Ireland. “Because of the lack of competition, however, it has become very expensive for us to maintain,” said Mr. Collins.
He gave a high evaluation of ZWCAD, confirming that the software met his firm’s needs and requirements. “It provides a cost-effective alternative to our existing CAD system. It has proved to be just as fast and reliable, or even better than our existing system at a very big reduction in cost,” he said.
“Standard ZWCAD even has features that are not provided by the more expensive program, such as the ability to edit blocks and external references,” he added.
Asked about the service, support, and training from ZWCAD Software Co. and EDA Systems, its authorized distributor in the United Kingdom, Mr. Collins gave a clear answer: “The service and support provided by ZWSOFT and EDA has been excellent,” he said.
“We are very pleased with its performance over the six months we have been using it. And we will continue to use it,” emphasized Mr. Collins. “This is the first time we have found a real alternative CAD software to our existing system.
MCA had been looking for a viable alternative to its existing CAD software package for a number of years. ZWCAD provided the first affordable, fast, and reliable alternative program that met their needs.
- ZEMAX Relies on TransMagic for Precise CAD Data Repair
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- 2008 International ANSYS Conference to Inspire Engineering
- Early Access Program Announced for Kinnosa 5.0 Engineering Document Management System
- AVEVA and RIEGL Sign Interoperability Agreement
- ETA releases PreSys R3 Service Pack
- Podcast Interview With 'Tintin' Visual Effects Luminary Now Online on Autodesk AREA
- ESI Group acquires Efield, European specialist in electromagnetic virtual simulation solutions
- Implants in medical engineering benefit from the flexibility and high quality offered by hyperMILL®