InnovMetric Software, the company that develops and markets the PolyWorks® software suite, celebrated its 15 years of existence and successful business endeavors on July 4, 2009, . Founded in Quebec City, Canada, in 1994 by Marc Soucy and Esther Bouliane, InnovMetric and its strategic partner Duwe-3d AG now count on a group of 100 employees located in 6 countries. In addition to the Quebec City headquarters, InnovMetric also has subsidiaries in the United States, China, and India.
Since its foundation, InnovMetric has proven itself a pioneer in the point cloud processing software industry by introducing several new methodologies that have transformed 3D digitizers into true metrology instruments. In the early 2000s, InnovMetric invented point-cloud-based dimensional inspection, which lead to the rapid adoption of PolyWorks and expansion of InnovMetric in the automotive industry. More recently, InnovMetric brought PolyWorks to the leading position in terms of hybrid 3D metrology capabilities, combining measured datasets produced by high-density point cloud digitizers and contact-based probing devices.
Today, PolyWorks is a leading point cloud solution in the industrial manufacturing community worldwide. Due to the success of the new PolyWorks V11 software released in March 2009, InnovMetric sees a bright future for the PolyWorks software suite and intends to consolidate its position as the universal 3D metrology software platform within the manufacturing industry in the years to come.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets