New feature introduced for wood working industry.
Mumbai : Geometric Limited (BSE: 532312, NSE: GEOMETRIC), a leader in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions and technologies, today announced the release of NestLib® 2009 R2. In addition to a number of enhancements, this version offers a new Edge Matching feature for the wood working industry, to help in the creation of wooden floorings and rooftops.
NestLib is one of the most successful nesting technologies in the market, focused on optimizing two dimensional packaging. It has been licensed by over 80 independent software vendors and original equipment manufacturers worldwide.
NestLib 2009 R2 has a number of advancements including:
• Introduction of Edge matching feature in the base module for meeting the needs of wood working industry involved in creating rooftops and floorings. This feature enables users to automatically match the slots and keys in the parts with those in the sheets during nesting, thereby increasing productivity.
• Provision of an API to distinguish between end-to-end guillotine cuts and internal guillotine cuts. This information is used for generating tool path.
• Launch of a new feature in the Common Punch module to maintain clearance between adjacent parts that do not share punch profiles
• Support for the multi-core feature in COM DLL to reduce the integration efforts. Applications built in
Visual Studio 6.0 can also use this feature by integrating their applications with the COM DLL.
NestLib is recognized as one of the fastest and most efficient nesting libraries. It provides optimized, high speed and robust algorithms for fully automated True Shape nesting.
The NestLib portfolio consists of a base module and a set of optional advanced modules, with specialized functionalities. These include:
• Shear nesting module for saw parts requiring end-to-end cutting
• Common Punch module specially designed for parts to be cut using punching machines
• Leather nesting module for leather parts with different quality patterns
• Remnant generation module for automatic remnant creation after nesting
• Tube nesting module for tube cutting and pipe cutting
• Common Cut module for nesting adjacent parts such that they share a common flame path
NestLib is available as a static library, dynamic linked library (DLL), and COM DLL. It also supports Java and .NET framework. NestLib is available for 32 bit and 64 bit Microsoft Windows OS, as well as for Sun Solaris and Linux platforms. It can be ported to Mac OS on demand.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- SolidWorks Software Helps Bring a 30 Year Dream to Life; Re-creation of U.S.S. Missouri