Fremont, Calif — 3Dconnexion’s full line of 3D mice, including the new SpacePilot™ PRO flagship 3D mouse, is now supported by Dassault Systèmes’ CATIA Version 5 Release 19 SP4. 3Dconnexion 3D mice enhance the design power and expanded feature-set offered in the leading Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solution, allowing for greater productivity throughout the design process.
3Dconnexion’s 3D mice offer CATIA users a more streamlined design process, increased comfort and performance benefits. Highlights include:
* Increased Control and More Intuitive Navigation: Unlike traditional mice confined to motion on one flat plane, 3Dconnexion 3D mice enable design engineers to move in all three dimensions simultaneously, using six-degrees–of-freedom sensor technology. By gently lifting, pressing and turning the controller cap, design engineers can easily pan, zoom and rotate without stopping to select commands. Using a 3D mouse together with a traditional mouse engages both hands into a balanced and cooperative work style.
* More Time for the Creative Elements of Design: 3Dconnexion 3D mice are pre-configured for the most commonly used commands in CATIA, however, engineers can also further customize the programmable buttons to suit their personal workflow needs using CATIA’s built-in button mapping editor. With less time spent toggling views and commands within CATIA, users are left with more time for the creative elements of a design.
* Improved Design Experience and Error Detection: In addition to improving the design experience, 3Dconnexion 3D mice also help improve the quality of designs by aiding in the detection of design flaws, allowing CATIA users to instantly view a design from varying angles for enhanced design review, verification and presentation.
* Range of 3D Mice Solutions: CATIA V5R19 SP4 is compatible with the entire 3Dconnexion 3D mouse product line, including the Professional Series with the SpacePilot PRO (MSRP $499), SpacePilot (MSRP $399) and SpaceExplorer™ (MSRP $299), and the Standard Series with the SpaceNavigator (MSRP $99) and SpaceNavigator for Notebooks (MSRP $129).
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets