Partrieve Uses SpinFire's Visualization Technology to Gain an Edge.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA - Actify Inc. today announced that it has forged a technology partnership with the vdR Group, a leading developer of integration solutions for manufacturing and engineering applications. The partnership incorporates a subset of Actify's SpinFire visualization offerings into vdR's Partrieve v5.0 product, allowing the search-based business application (SBA) to provide access to CAD data without the need for expensive CAD : software.
Actify's SpinFire : technology enables users to access numerous 3D and 2D CAD file formats : without the overhead of expensive CAD softwares. The SpinFire products are able to take these native CAD files and transform the data into Actify's compact, lightweight .3D format that can be easily reused for viewing, measuring, markup, and other interrogative functions.
With the vdR partnership, every instance of Partrieve will include a version of SpinFire Publisher, and depending on the customers' needs, the support for any of several major CAD formats.
"Our products are designed to meet a variety of needs and use models," said David Opsahl, CEO of Actify. "Our customers, like many other companies are always looking for ways to streamline the collaboration process. Partrieve v5.0 with the integration of our SpinFire technology, allows companies to solve their collaboration needs by providing users immediate access to information scattered across the enterprise including 3D and 2D data : ."
Companies often have multiple databases with disparate information containing numerous data formats that span the enterprise. While all of the information is relevant, they're not always easily accessible. Partrieve allows users to search for and access the product data trapped in these information silos, independent of language, source, format or unit of measure.
"Embedding the SpinFire viewing technology in Partrieve allows us to extend our capabilities to users that need to access 3D and 2D data without having to load an instance of a CAD solution," said Martin van der Roest, president and CEO of vdR. "We knew that integrating a powerful visualization solution into Partrieve would give added value to our users and the SpinFire technology did not disappoint."
Jun 17, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets