SustainabilityXpress, intended to help understand and improve the environmental impact of designs, is now available for download.
With Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), it is capable of determining the environmental impact of a product during its entire lifecycle.
SustainabilityXpress provides Real-time feedback with an Environmental Impact Dashboard. During the various lifecycle stages four environmental impacts are measured in real-time - Carbon Footprint, Total Energy Consumed, Effect on Air & Effect on Water.
It also includes a reporting feature, which enables the creation of reports to convey improvements in the environmental impact of the design. The report template is customizable.
In addition to these features SustainabilityXpress also includes "Find Similar Material" which allows finding close alternatives to your current material by searching the built-in material database.
SustainabilityXpress requires SolidWorks 2009.
Download it at : http://labs.solidworks.com/Products/Product.aspx?name=sustainability
Jun 25, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio