Integration of Portfolio Management and Product Lifecycle Management to help customers maximize market impact of product offerings.
AUSTIN, Texas - Planview®, a leading independent provider of enterprise-wide portfolio management solutions, today announced it has signed an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) partnership with Siemens PLM Software, a business unit of the Siemens Industry Automation Division and a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services.
Under this agreement, Planview and Siemens PLM Software will integrate Planview Enterprise portfolio management software into Siemens PLM Software’s Teamcenter software solution, bringing to market an offering with a significant breadth of functionality for the product development space. The global go-to-market strategy also encompasses services offered by both companies to help customers deliver world-class products in dynamic, highly competitive markets.
Product-focused organizations find themselves more challenged than ever to make the best possible use of scarce resources for the greatest market impact, and to prioritize their products appropriately to support their brand and company strategies. This integration between Planview Enterprise and Teamcenter, a natural extension of PLM to include portfolio management, will tie together top-down planning and bottom-up program execution to enable the operational excellence these organizations require to develop and hone their competitive advantage.
“We are delighted to have this strong partnership with Planview, a recognized leader in the portfolio management space,” said Steve Bashada vice president of Teamcenter Applications, Siemens PLM Software. “Our relationship with Planview will enable product organizations to further leverage Teamcenter to help optimize their product portfolios in an effort to achieve the greatest market impact and to meet their strategic business objectives.”
Together, these market-leading organizations will work to further their customers’ abilities to:
* Optimize the product portfolio by using best-in-class strategic planning to map product initiatives against revenue targets and innovation strategies
* Link bottom-up program and project execution with strategic product portfolio decisions
* Plan capacity and manage resources to ensure execution that meets time to market requirements
* Evaluate the business impact of market trends, competitive pressures and other change drivers to make the best decisions on the product portfolio and projects in flight
“We are excited by the opportunity this affords Planview and Siemens PLM Software customers,” said Gregory S. Gilmore, President and Chief Operating Officer, Planview. “This integration will help customers get new, unparalleled insight into every stage of the product lifecycle, make better decisions, and ensure that they are investing in the right products, which is more critical now than ever.”
The integration of Planview Enterprise with Teamcenter will be available later this year.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets