Company Simultaneously Launches Latest Versions of Teamcenter and Tecnomatix with New Features Designed to Help Customers Cut Costs and Boost Revenue.
PLANO, Texas - Siemens PLM Software, a business unit of the Siemens Industry Automation Division and a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services, today announced a set of new and enhanced software tools aimed at boosting productivity for the global manufacturing industry. The company simultaneously launched the latest versions of both Teamcenter® software, the world’s most widely used PLM system, and Tecnomatix® software, its comprehensive suite of digital manufacturing solutions.
“In today’s difficult global economic climate it is more important than ever for product producing companies to elevate and optimize their overall productivity,” said Chuck Grindstaff, executive vice president of Products and Chief Technology Officer, Siemens PLM Software. “Our customers are evaluating every aspect of their business to look for new ways to improve productivity, from the shop floor to the executive suite. To respond to their needs, we have put an even sharper focus on developing creative tools and features in the new versions of Teamcenter and Tecnomatix that will help them unleash new levels of efficiency in product development and production. We believe these are the type of solutions companies need to help reduce costs, increase revenue and foster innovation.”
Teamcenter 8 – product lifecycle productivity
With today’s launch of Teamcenter 8 (see separate press release) Siemens PLM Software is delivering a variety of new features and modules aimed at driving productivity throughout the product lifecycle. Teamcenter serves as the single source of product and process knowledge for companies all over the world and in virtually every manufacturing industry. The new functionality in Teamcenter 8 focuses on boosting productivity for these organizations in three specific areas.
* Teamcenter 8 delivers individual productivity by providing each user with an intuitive way to easily access product information and collaborate from anywhere in the world, inside the tools and processes they use every day without additional software or training.
* Teamcenter 8 delivers application productivity with its constantly expanding suite of end-to-end PLM applications targeting every aspect of the product lifecycle, including new applications for Content and Document Management with advanced Microsoft Office™ 2007 integration, along with Formula, Package and Brand Management. Teamcenter 8 also includes new industry solutions for Aerospace & Defense, CPG, and Medical Devices along with hundreds of updates across other solution areas. All designed to enable more people to do more with the data already managed in Teamcenter.
* Teamcenter 8 delivers IT productivity with its unmatched scalability, open service-oriented architecture (SOA) and newly announced support for IBM’s DB2® Information Manager and several other IBM middleware products. Teamcenter provides a deployment strategy for every size organization, from small start ups to global enterprises, delivering a lower cost of PLM ownership.
“ATK is focused on the success of our customers, so we like the fact that Siemens PLM people are focused on our success,” said David Riemer, vice president, Science and Engineering, ATK Space Systems Group. “Teamcenter enables us to sustain a high degree of productivity in a variety of areas including product and project management, multi-site collaboration and systems engineering, while maintaining a single source of all of our product and process information. Teamcenter provides the breadth of functionality we need throughout our product development process, all in one integrated product family.”
Tecnomatix 9 – product production productivity
The Tecnomatix suite of digital manufacturing software solutions is designed to help factories produce some of the world’s most sophisticated products with the least amount of resource, time and effort while maintaining the highest level of product quality. Today’s launch of Tecnomatix 9 (see separate press release) further extends that philosophy of doing more with less through an even tighter integration with Teamcenter and new functionality aimed at driving higher levels of planning and manufacturing productivity.
* Tecnomatix 9 helps improve planning productivity with integrated planning solutions that supply instant access to the latest product data while supporting capture, standardization and re-use of qualified manufacturing best practices. Tecnomatix offers tools to validate planning results and automate time-consuming planning tasks more efficiently. As a result, Tecnomatix can significantly improve manufacturing planning processes while enabling users to maintain the highest level of planning quality despite shorter development cycles.
* Tecnomatix 9 drives manufacturing productivity in a variety of areas, including the optimization and commissioning of robots and automation equipment, manual workplace configuration to achieve output and safety objectives, efficient placement of factory equipment and material flow optimization.
“We are constantly trying to squeeze greater levels of efficiency from our manufacturing planning process and Tecnomatix has played a key role in that effort,” said Alexander Schmeh, managing director EBZ SysTec GmbH. “Several of the new features being delivered in Tecnomatix 9 will go a long way to helping us meet our planning productivity improvement objectives.”
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio