PLM Ready Delivers Targeted Training Programs that Contribute to Successful PLM Deployment.
Mississauga, ON – RAND Worldwide, a global leader in providing technology solutions to organizations with engineering design and information technology requirements, announced the introduction of PLM Ready – the user enablement solution for deploying PLM technologies to enterprises.
“Companies have realized the importance of investing in PLM systems in order to increase competitiveness and profitability in their respective industries,” said Joe Oswald, Executive Vice President, PLM Operations, North America and Europe, RAND Worldwide. “However, even with an outstanding system design, companies struggle with training and the deployment of their complex PLM systems. With the launch of our PLM Ready user enablement solution, companies will have higher end-user confidence and productivity, sooner.”
The PLM Ready user enablement solution builds on the Deployment phase of the RAND Worldwide TAKE AIM (Assured Implementation Methodology) program, a proven five-phase project implementation approach, derived from extensive experience with PLM deployments across a variety of industries. PLM Ready employs sound instructional design and technical writing methodologies to target training to various user roles across the organization so that end-users are able to focus on the tasks and processes most pertinent to their area of expertise. Leveraging standard RAND Worldwide training modules, courseware can be quickly adapted to company-specific workflows and environments.
The PLM Ready user enablement solution is delivered in three phases. An instructional analysis is employed in the Discovery phase to gather information on the training goals, audiences, processes, and environment. Following this, companies receive a training plan that details course content, learning aids, and roll-out schedule for the training. In the Development phase, our courseware developers efficiently configure instructional content to produce student training guides, learning aids, eCourseware, and other collateral to meet the training plan. Finally, in the Delivery phase, training is rolled-out to end-users in formats such as instructor-led, delivered by RAND Worldwide Technical Training Engineers, and self-paced, delivered through the RAND Worldwide ProductivityNOW online portal.
PLM Ready is designed to quickly make end-users proficient with their companies’ PLM technology by providing them with targeted process-based learning. This increases end-user confidence and productivity, while reducing overall deployment time and need for follow-up support.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio