Laser Models Put Reality Into SmartPlant 3D to Cut Remodeling and Design Time and Eliminate Rework From Clashes and Interferences.
PITTSBURGH, PA - Quantapoint - a provider of laser scanning technology and services that help companies achieve Zero-Defect Projects™ - today announced that Quantapoint Laser Models™ may be accessed directly in Intergraph SmartPlant 3D using QuantaCAD 9.0. QuantaCAD enables 3D laser scan data to be accessed as high-definition Quantapoint Laser Models™ (not fuzzy "point clouds") and photo-realistic Laser Images™ directly within design software.
QuantaCAD provides a number of useful capabilities to SmartPlant 3D users to enable them to compare and validate CAD models, visualize proposed modifications for design and constructability reviews, and identify and correct potential construction interferences. Some of the capabilities include:
-- Direct Integration: A separate "point server" is not required due to
the smaller size of the Laser Models.
-- State Manager: Store and recall the laser data state (loaded Laser
Models, Laser Images and views) so users can quickly resume work instead of
having to manually reload laser scan data.
-- Tag Points: Create and edit tag points (specific 3D locations, such
as tie points) directly in the laser data so users can access consistent
design starting and ending points across the team.
-- Clipping and Slicing: Clip laser data to temporarily hide view
obstructions or slice it to create a section of laser data.
-- Demolition: Demolish areas of the facility being removed in the laser
data to remove it from view.
-- Flexible Licensing: Quantapoint software are now integrated and may
be licensed monthly for standalone or network usage, providing more
flexibility based on project or program needs.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets