Proto Labs now offers its quick-turn CNC machining and injection-molding services through the Design World Network of Online Sites.
MAPLE PLAIN, Minn - Proto Labs, Inc. today announced that design engineers, via an exclusive arrangement with Design World, can now order prototype and short-run production parts right from various Design World partner sites, making it easy to order parts and get them fast.
Proto Labs offers two quick-turn services: First Cut (www.firstcut.com) offers CNC machining and Protomold (www.protomold.com) offers injection molding, both capable of providing parts in as little as one business day. Design Engineers who use Proto Labs for prototypes and short-run production, can now upload a CAD file at any one of Design World’s online sites, get a quote and place an order for Proto Labs services directly online. These services can be accessed directly at http://designworld.protolabs.com.
Ordering prototype parts is easy, fast and available 24 x 7 from the convenience of your computer. After you’ve uploaded your CAD file, you will receive a moldability analysis along with an interactive quote in less than 24 hours. Orders can be approved and placed completely online.
Through its online sites , “Design World provides valuable content to product designers worldwide. We believe the addition of our quick-turn prototyping services to the Design World sites adds significant value to the designer by making it easier and faster for them to order parts directly from their desktop,” said Brad Cleveland, Proto Labs President and CEO. “We are excited to partner together with Design World. This partnership makes our services easier to access and offers designers the ability to leverage the valuable content on Design World’s rapidly growing network of online sites.”
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets