3DVIA.com Makes New High-End 3D Content Available.
PARIS - Dassault Systèmes (DS) (Paris:DSY) (NASDAQ:DASTY) announced today plans for a high-end stock 3D content marketplace on its popular 3D model community www.3DVIA.com. 3DVIA users, now numbering over 100,000, will be able to interactively preview premium 3D content from providers such as mydeco, DOSCH DESIGN and WireCASE, as well as purchase these ready-to-use models at affordable prices. This content, coupled with the thousands of free, community-generated models already on the site, will continue to make 3DVIA.com a valuable resource for anyone looking to create 3D games, apps or immersive experiences.
Over the next few weeks, the ‘3DVIA Store’ will launch in limited beta and include over 3,000 premium models focused in the category of interior design. Then, in the first week of August, the 3DVIA Store will open in public beta. As of the beginning, all basic 3D models will be made available in several industry standard formats, including: .3dxml, dae, .obj and .3ds. 3DVIA.com will selectively add premium content partners as well as top artists from the 3DVIA community later this year. Details on how to submit work for inclusion to the 3DVIA Store will be posted on 3DVIA.com when the option is made available.
“Partnering with Dassault Systèmes will bring new user experiences to the mydeco community, allowing them to interact with virtual information and enhance their costumer journey,” said Brent Hoberman, executive chairman of mydeco. “Being a preferred 3DVIA marketplace content partner will enable the design and Web experience community to leverage and reuse our very rich catalogue of virtual goods.”
The 3DVIA Store will be showcased for attendees at the Dassault Systèmes' DEVCON 2009 conference in Vélizy, France June 23-24 along with other key 3DVIA technologies. Lynne Wilson, CEO of Dassault Systeme’s 3DVIA brand and Brent Hoberman, CEO of mydeco, are scheduled to speak at this event.
“The launch of the 3DVIA Store brings us closer to our vision of making 3D application creation accessible to people no matter what their 3D experience level may be,” said Lynne Wilson, CEO of Dassault Systèmes’ 3DVIA brand. “Providing our community with top quality, but more importantly, ready-to-use 3D models is a vital step in the right direction.”
To apply for a beta invitation to the marketplace or learn more about 3DVIA.com, please visit www.3DVIA.com/marketplace.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets