The Open Design Alliance (ODA) today announced the release of version 2.7.3, the next release of the ODA platform delivering new features for DWGdirect and DGNdirect.
Version 2.7.3 includes an expanded set of export capabilities, including HOOPS and STL (stereolithography) export support for DWGdirect. To take full advantage of existing export technology, DGNdirect has been adapted to share most of the export modules of DWGdirect, making PDF, SVG, STL, and HOOPS exporting from DGN available to ODA members for the first time. In addition to the expanded export offerings, version 2.7.3 also loads DWG files 20% faster than previous releases, and DXF loading and saving has also been improved significantly.
In conjunction with this release, the ODA is opening new “getting started” guides in wiki format to the CAD community for DWGdirect.
Chief Technical Officer of the ODA, Neil Peterson, commented, “We are pleased to be expanding our offering of export modules in 2.7.3 to include HOOPS and STL. The solid core architecture of DWGdirect made it possible to adapt our existing DWGdirect export modules to work for DGN in a straight-forward manner, providing significant added value to our members with only a minimal amount of development work.”
Version 2.7.3 of the ODA platform is available immediately at www.opendesign.com for download by ODA members world-wide.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets