REHOVOT, Israel - New CADMatrix(TM) Allows Direct Control of 3D Model Material Preferences for Connex500(TM) Printing, Streamlining Multi-Part, Multi-Material Design Process
Objet Geometries Ltd., the innovation leader in 3D printing, today announced new add-in software for users of PTC's Pro/ENGINEER(R) 3D computer-aided design (CAD) printing on Objet's Connex500(TM) system that significantly streamlines the design process and allows greater control of model material preferences.
Available free of charge at the Objet Web site, the new CADMatrix(TM) add-in enables designers and engineers to seamlessly assign Objet model materials to multi-part, multi-material designs within PTC's leading Pro/ENGINEER(R) software, thus allowing for increased control of 3D model validation.
The CADMatrix(TM) software for Pro/ENGINEER(R) is designed specifically for direct and service bureau users of Objet's groundbreaking Connex500(TM), the first system to allow simultaneous printing of several materials with different mechanical and physical properties. Based on Objet's revolutionary PolyJet Matrix(TM) technology, the Connex500 affords new time and price efficiencies in product development and manufacturing.
"As a member of PTC's PartnerAdvantage(TM) Program, we are proud to bring this great new capability to the Pro/ENGINEER(R) design community," said Amit Shvartz, VP Marketing at Objet. "The Connex500(TM) was the first 3D system to access the world of multi-material printing, an opportunity never before available. Now the introduction of CADMatrix(TM) takes this opportunity to a whole new level, allowing leading designers using Pro/ENGINEER(R) to assign materials for the Connex directly in the design software platform."
Enhancing Capabilities for Multi-Material Designs
Using an intuitive three-step wizard, the new CADMatrix(TM) add-in guides users in assigning different materials to different parts of the design. Once the assignment process is completed, the add-in produces a ready-to-print Objet Digital Format (ObjDF) file, which can be sent by e-mail or exported for printing on the Connex500(TM). As a result, designers and engineers can reduce design cycles and the need for reprints, speeding up the 3D printing process and ensuring greater model integrity as definitions are immediately implemented inside the design.
Andy Barlow, PTC's Senior Director of Business Development, stated, "We welcome Objet Geometries to PTC's PartnerAdvantage Program. We expect their release of the CADMatrix(TM) add-in will provide Pro/ENGINEER users a powerful means to add materials to multi part 3D models and in turn more rapidly validate the part once printed."
CADMatrix(TM) for Pro/ENGINEER(R) is available from the Objet Geometries download center at
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets