Recognized for innovative research and mathematical software systems.
Waterloo, Canada: Maplesoft, the leading provider of software systems for engineering and mathematics, yesterday received outstanding recognition for its innovative and breakthrough research. Presented by the Canadian Operational Research Society (CORS), the 2009 Omond Solandt Award recognizes Maplesoft’s exceptional contribution to operational research and development of innovative and revolutionary mathematical software systems.
Announcing the award, Dr. Liping Fang, General Chair of the CORS/INFORMS 2009 Joint International Meeting, Toronto, said, “Maplesoft has been at the forefront of the commercial mathematical computation industry for over twenty years. Maple is a de facto global standard for symbolic computing and MapleSim has quickly captured the imagination of the engineering modeling community for its innovative, mathematically-rich approach. Maple offers OR researchers and practitioners a unique computation platform that offers the accessibility of a highly popular general-purpose software system with the power of specialized tools. We are delighted to present this year’s award to this innovative company and recognize its achievements.”
The Omond Solandt Award is presented by CORS to an organization, private or governmental, that is deemed to have made an outstanding contribution to Operational Research in Canada. Dr. Solandt was the founder and first chairman of the Defence Research Board (DRB).
Receiving the award on behalf of Maplesoft, Paul DeMarco, Director, Core Technologies, said, “Maplesoft is honored to be the recipient of the 2009 Omond Solandt award. We salute CORS for the leadership role it takes in the advancement of both the theory and the practice of Operational Research. Our products continue to evolve and improve, and awards like this validate that our technology has a substantial impact on users.”
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio