More Accurate 3D Design Data Leads to Significant Improvements in Productivity, Time and Costs in Manufacturing.
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif - Lattice Technology®, developers of digital manufacturing applications using the XVL® format, announced today that it is offering free trials of its XVL Studio Pro software.
XVL Studio Pro is the company’s industry-leading product for turning 3D design data into 3D manufacturing data. This application is the main XVL authoring tool for performing mathematically correct interference and clearance checks on 3D assembly data, manipulating parts lists, creating process designs, delivering 3D work and assembly instructions and illustrations direct from 3D design data.
Lattice Technology is making its automated Design Review tools easily available for designers and engineers to quickly try out the software for design review activities. Sample data and tutorials also make it easy to discover how automated Design Review can change the way design-to-manufacture processes progress.
“It is a well known concept that errors found after design has completed cost 10 times more if located during production engineering, and 100 times more if discovered during manufacturing,” said Dr Hiroshi Toriya, CEO of Lattice Technology and author of the new book, ‘Improving Lean Manufacturing Through 3D Data’ now available from Lattice Technology. “XVL Studio Pro allows almost all the design errors to be found far earlier, so they can be quickly resolved. This reduces cost, time and frustration across the entire enterprise.”
“Our customers indicate that automated Design Review using XVL Studio Pro delivers a leap forward in productivity, not just small steps,” said Bill Barnes, GM. Lattice Technology. “Customer metrics show that automated Design Review identifies more than double the issues caused by interference and clearance problems, compared to visual review of CAD data, and that they have been able to reduce Design Review time by at least two-thirds. This kind of change is key to better, faster release of products of all kinds.”
XVL Studio Pro is available after a quick registration, and both sample and tutorial data is available to allow users to quickly and easily learn how automated Design Review works. New white papers and presentations describing the process are also available free of charge.
Find out more at: http://www.lattice3d.com/solutions/design_review_offer.html
Jun 9, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio