Event Included Live Production, and Simulation of Multi Tasking Mill-Turn Machine Powered by GibbsCAM.
GIVAT SHMUEL, Israel - Cimatron Limited (NASDAQ: CIMT), a leading provider of integrated CAD/CAM solutions for the toolmaking and manufacturing industries, announced that Gibbs and Associates, developer of GibbsCAM(R), its software for programming CNC machine tools, participated in the Open House of the Machine Tool distributor for Nakamura-Tome and Matsuura in Italy.
Microsystem, a Cimatron subsidiary in Italy, presented both of Cimatron's product lines -- GibbsCAM and CimatronE -- at an Open House organized by IMU, reseller of Matsuura and Nakamura-Tome machines in Italy. Microsystem has worked with IMU to provide maximum compatibility, superior customer service and sales coordination. The four day open house, which took place in Reggio Emilia, began May 20th.
At the Open House, GibbsCAM 2009 was displayed alongside machines for which it has developed accurate, reliable post processors, highlighting its advanced multi-axis and multitasking (MTM) capabilities.
GibbsCAM powered a Matsuura MAM 72-25V machine, showing advanced 5-Axis capabilities and a Nakamura-Tome Super Mill WY 250 MTM machine which utilizes twin spindles and turrets.
The top cover of a turbine was produced live using the Matsuura machine, showing complex 5-Axis cutting.
The Nakamura-Tome machine was featured in a simulation of the turning and milling of a part specially designed for the open house, to demonstrate GibbsCAM's advanced MTM capabilities. GibbsCAM is one of the only solutions on the market powerful enough to successfully program MTM machines with multiple spindles and turrets. The advanced GibbsCAM simulator ensures that machining is safe, gouge free and collision free.
"We value the opportunity to show that GibbsCAM is not just powerful on a computer screen, it's even more powerful when the tool hits metal and you reap the rewards of advanced multi axis and multitasking (MTM) programming", said Robb Weinstein, Senior Vice President of Sales and Strategic Planning at Gibbs. "GibbsCAM is one of very few CAM solutions that can leverage the full capacity for productivity of the newest machines, making it an essential tool for manufacturers."
In addition, the new version of CimatronE was displayed next to a 5 Axis Matsuura 72-42V mold making machine. CimatronE and the Matsuura 72-42V are excellent complementary solutions that support mold makers requirements.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets