Mumbai : Geometric Limited will exhibit its capabilities in software engineering for medical imaging as well as 3D visualization for medical imaging systems at CARS (Computer Aided Radiology and Surgery) 2009, Berlin, Germany from June 24 to 26, 2009.The Company will showcase its innovative technology components aimed at reducing the time-to-market for 3D visualization-rich medical imaging solutions.
Geometric's solutions and services enable medical imaging companies to introduce advanced software capabilities that complement their hardware systems. Geometric works as a seamless extension of its customers' software R&D operations to help improve productivity, and shorten the intensive R&D cycle to speed up innovation to market for better returns on development investments.
"Advancements in imaging modalities, along with increased application of software, have re-drawn the boundaries for exploring the human anatomy, and brought a significant change in diagnosis and treatment procedures. A continuous demand for rapid development and high quality treatment, while reducing overall healthcare costs is forcing the medical imaging vendors to relook at their R&D strategies" said Mr.Shripad Kale, Practice Head - Research & Development for Software Product Engineering at Geometric. "Adoption of 3Dvisualization software is helping overcome the limitations of the time-consuming 2D imaging based diagnosis procedure, and also enables virtual surgeries as well as the creation of customized treatment appliances", he added.
During the event, the company will demonstrate its re-usable technology components developed for:
* Segmentation: Robust library for reconstructing surface bounded geometric models from 3D scan data.
* Volume Rendering: 3D visualization technology enabling better accuracy and user experience for examination and diagnosis
Attendees to the event will also be able explore how Geometric helps medical imaging OEMs meet increasing demands from sophistication in algorithmic development for geometry intensive areas, image processing, visualization, simulation, machining and information management.
Jun 18, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio