Siemens PLM Software’s Teamcenter to Replace Existing Systems and Provide Single Source of Product Knowledge to Enhance Efficiency and Reduce Cost.
PLANO, Texas - Siemens PLM Software, a business unit of the Siemens Industry Automation Division and a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services, today announced that General Dynamics Land Systems (GDLS), a leading provider of land and amphibious combat systems, selected Teamcenter® software, Siemens PLM Software’s digital lifecycle management solution, as its single product data management (PDM) platform to enhance efficiency in product development, engineering processes and data management.
GDLS will use Teamcenter to replace and consolidate several existing systems including Windchill®, Pro/INTRALINK® and CMstat®. GDLS will use Teamcenter to manage multiple computer-aided design (CAD) systems including NX™ software, Siemens PLM Software’s comprehensive digital product development solution, and Pro/E® software.
Teamcenter will provide GDLS with a single source of product knowledge across the subsidiary enabling seamless downstream use of CAD data for manufacturing processes both internally and with partners and suppliers. In addition, GDLS plans to use Teamcenter for visualization and to directly link engineering with manufacturing and support departments. Teamcenter will also allow GDLS to standardize its change management process to eliminate dual data entry, reducing both cost and product development time.
“General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to using the most advanced technology such as Siemens PLM Software’s Teamcenter to deliver best-in-class products to our customers,” said Mike Bolon, senior vice president of enterprise strategy and technology, General Dynamic Land Systems. “The multi-CAD management capability of Teamcenter combined with its ability to provide a single source of product data for internal and external use will give GDLS a competitive advantage.”
“General Dynamics Land Systems’ decision to use Teamcenter as its single PDM platform to replace and consolidate existing systems is a testament to our commitment to provide a robust, open PLM platform,” said Tony Hemmelgarn, senior vice president, Industry Verticals, North America, Siemens PLM Software. “Teamcenter will provide General Dynamics a solution that enhances collaboration and innovation while delivering design anywhere, build anywhere capabilities that are required for today’s market.”
Teamcenter powers innovation and productivity by connecting people and processes with product knowledge. Teamcenter provides a comprehensive portfolio of proven digital lifecycle management solutions built on an open PLM foundation with the ability to manage multi-cad environments with ease and efficiency.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio