ETRAGE and TWeatherford have embedded Plot Service for Windchill® (PSW) with TransMagic 3D CAD data interoperability and translation software.
ETRAGE LLC, The Engineering Automation Company, and TWeatherford, Inc. today announced they have embedded Plot Service for Windchill® (PSW) with TransMagic 3D CAD data interoperability and translation software.
With TransMagic embedded into PSW, companies using PTC Windchill PLM software can now automatically translate Pro/ENGINEER parts and assemblies that are stored in Windchill PDMLink and Windchill INTRALINK to numerous 3D applications. PSW now works with new formats including CATIA V4, CATIA V5, SolidWorks, Unigraphics, NX and Autodesk Inventor along with existing PDF, ProductView, JT, VRML, HPGL, IGES, STEP, STL, Shrink-Wrap, DXF, TIFF, BMP, JPG and EPS output formats.
PSW can monitor Windchill for released drawings, parts or assemblies and automatically plot, print or export the files to meet user defined requirements. PSW has three operating modes.
* Automatic processing upon changes of lifecycle or revision
* Batch processing
* On Demand processing
"We are excited to add these CAD formats to PSW to provide additional flexibility for the PSW product," stated Ron Zabilski, Etrage Director of Sales and Marketing.
"PSW, with the integration of TransMagic, will save a significant amount of time for companies that translate Pro/ENGINEER models to other 3D CAD formats," advised Tim Weatherford, Vice President of TWeatherford, Inc. and new Etrage Product and Services Reseller. "We have customers that are spending up to a person-week per week manually translating parts and assemblies stored in Windchill to other CAD formats such as SolidWorks, UG and CATIA."
"TWeatherford is a certified TransMagic VAR. Together, we saw a lack of robust data exchange options for PLM systems that would meet the requirements of complex supply chains and allow the flow of 3D data for both CAD and non-CAD users," said Craig Dennis, CTO of TransMagic. "The rapid implementation, quality and robust nature of TransMagic make it ideal to incorporate into PLM systems to provide accurate CAD translations and improved data exchange options."
Jun 2, 2009
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets