The latest release of ESI’s noise and vibration software includes improved models of isolators and acoustic radiation.
PARIS - ESI Group, a pioneer and world-leading supplier of digital simulation software for prototyping and manufacturing processes, announced today the release of VA One 2008.5. VA One is a complete solution for simulating noise and vibration across the full frequency range seamlessly combining Finite Elements, Boundary Elements, and Statistical Energy Analysis (SEA) in one model. The new release comprises over 40 major enhancements across all modules.
New isolators and junctions
Isolators and noise control treatments are an important part of the design of quiet products with superior noise and vibration performance. VA One 2008.5 includes improved models of isolators and noise control treatments between structural and acoustic subsystems. The models have been developed in conjunction with leading isolator manufacturers. “ITT Enidine specializes in the design and manufacture of advanced isolation systems,” said Jeff Weisbeck, Research Scientist at ITT Enidine, “we are pleased to announce our collaboration with ESI Group in the development of improved isolator models in VA One.”
More accurate models of acoustic radiation
The Fast Multipole Boundary Element algorithm in VA One 2008.5 has been further enhanced to provide more accurate models of acoustic radiation at low frequencies. Applications include the design of quieter Continuously Variable Transmissions (CVTs) and the acoustic design of brake assemblies with reduced propensity for squeal.
VA One 2008.5 contains a number of key enhancements for speeding up model creation including faster creation of manual junctions between subsystems, interactive design of poroelastic noise control treatments and automated meshing of non-manifold CAD geometry.
“Whirlpool’s commitment to our customers includes delivering appliances with superior noise and vibration performance,” said Dr. Robert Unglenieks, Lead Engineer at Whirlpool Corporation’s St. Joseph Technology Center Sound and Vibration Laboratories. “VA One is an important tool in our NVH processes to reduce our reliance on building and testing prototypes. It drives us to a deeper understanding of the physics and provides substantial time and cost savings”.
“We are pleased to announce the release of VA One 2008.5” said Dr. Phil Shorter, Director of Vibro-Acoustic Product Operations at ESI Group. “The enhancements in this release continue our commitment to providing our customers with state-of-the-art methods for vibro-acoustic analysis and design”.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio