Paris: Atos Origin, an international IT services company, and PTC® (Nasdaq: PMTC), The Product Development Company®, today announced they will partner to provide best-in-class Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions for discrete manufacturing companies in the Aerospace & Defense, Industrial, Electronics & High Tech, Automotive, Medical and Consumer industries in Europe.
The partners will focus on a consulting-led approach and exploit in-depth market knowledge to offer customers innovative, sustainable and results-oriented solutions that will reduce time to market considerably.
“We have been implementing best-in-class PLM solutions based on PTC’s technologies for over 10 years for a range of international customers including Ballast Nedam, Hansen Transmissions International, Hiab, John Zink, National Oilwell Varco, Thales Nederland BV, Verreries du Courval,” said Thierry Breton, Chief Executive Officer of Atos Origin.
“We are very impressed with PTC’s technology and believe it to be the premier PLM platform due to its IT architecture and scalability, as well as flexibility in managing heterogeneous data,” Thierry Breton continued. “Working together, Atos Origin and PTC will offer customers innovative, sustainable and results-oriented solutions with a reduced time to market. This strategic agreement will position us as a leader in the Product Lifecycle Management market which shows considerable growth over the next few years”.
Atos Origin will deliver ‘design-build-run’ solutions based on integrating PTC solutions to its clients. The scope of activities includes product lifecycle management, product design, and technical documentation management. By the end of this year, Atos Origin plans to have a consistent critical mass of certified consultants on PTC technologies to start serving existing and new clients throughout Europe.
“We are delighted to expand and formalize our relationship with Atos Origin,” said Marc Diouane, Vice President Europe at PTC. “This alliance brings together the deep vertical expertise of Atos Origin in managing global IT projects with PTC’s superior Windchill technology. The winning combination of Atos Origin and PTC promises to help customers implement and realize the full value of a Product LifeCycle Management solution.”
Both parties are present at the Paris Air Show that takes place in Le Bourget from 15 to 19 June 2009 where they host daily dedicated seminars on PTC in Chalet A310. Themes like PLM, Sustainability & Environmental Compliance will be discussed in-depth, PTC and Atos Origin will co-present a seminar on 19 June titled “Optimize Change Management through Business Intelligence”.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets