Teamcenter customers able to stop purchasing licenses while expanding PLM deployment scope.
Aras, leading enterprise open source Product Lifecycle Management [PLM] software solution provider, and certified partner AESSiS, an expert in PLM solution services for complex engineering, today announced in conjunction with PLM World 2009, Siemens PLM Software annual user group conference, integration connector technology for combining the Aras Innovator suite of PLM software solutions with Siemens PLM Software’s Teamcenter product line.
The integration securely extends the full data model of Teamcenter to Aras using standard Teamcenter components and published APIs for a comprehensive, fast, and supportable connection. Now, companies that use Siemens PLM Software’s Teamcenter for CAD file management and other PDM-related processes can take advantage of the advanced PLM capabilities of Aras across the enterprise for “large user count” processes including:
• Enterprise engineering change management workflow processes,
• New product development and introduction phase-gate product program management,
• Enterprise quality management,
• Global supplier management, and much more.
Seamlessly connecting Teamcenter to Aras provides significant financial benefits in addition to delivering more PLM functionality. Freedom from licensing with Aras eliminates the per user expenses and module fees of Teamcenter. The Aras enterprise open source format means there are no license costs to provide unlimited users with complete access to Teamcenter files, information, and processes. With Aras, global businesses can avoid buying additional Teamcenter licenses and leverage their existing Teamcenter system to extend PLM data and full PLM functionality to every user in the company.
“Now, global organizations that rely on Teamcenter can afford to achieve true enterprise-wide PLM deployments because of Aras,” said Peter Schroer, President of Aras. “The AESSiS approach provides not just browse access, but full functionality with comprehensive security and no limitations.”
“Connecting Teamcenter to Aras is particularly advantageous during the current global recession,” said Graham McCall, Managing Director of AESSiS. “Eliminating costly Teamcenter user, module, and server license expenses significantly reduces the enterprise PLM costs and improves corporate profitability.”
The AESSiS approach uses PLM XML and is available for the entire Siemens PLM Software Teamcenter product suite including Teamcenter Engineering, Teamcenter Enterprise, and Teamcenter Unified. PLM XML is Siemens PLM Software’s official format for interoperability based on the W3C standards.
AESSiS is now offering the integration connector technology and professional services to companies that use Siemens PLM Software’s Teamcenter.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets