Anark Core Creates Easy Bridge Between 3D CAD and OpenFlight™ Based Solutions.
BOULDER, Colo - Anark Corporation, leading provider of automated 3D CAD transformation and visualization solutions, today announced support for OpenFlight™, the most widely adopted 3D visualization format for real-time 3D visualization. Anark Core 2.2 exports OpenFlight™ data using native OpenFlight Read/Write API's from Presagis™, a leading provider of commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) modeling and simulation software.
OpenFlight™ is a 3D visual database format that has become a defacto standard for the visual simulation industry. Anark added OpenFlight support to Core 2.2 to enable viz-sim application developers to quickly and easily prepare and simplify complex 3D CAD geometry from tools such as like CATIA®, Pro/ENGINEER, Inventor®, and SolidWorks for use in visual simulation applications.
"Anark Core delivers a powerful yet intuitive tool for re-purposing CAD files in their native formats, promising to revolutionize the creation of training and simulation content in OpenFlight and other leading formats" said Andrew Morris, President of Visual Aircraft LLC.
Easy and effective geometry simplification features, coupled with powerful automation capabilities, make Anark Core the most cost-effective platform for preparing 3D CAD models for a wide array of military and civilian modeling, visualization, and simulation applications. Transforming 3D CAD geometry into lightweight, yet detailed and realistic models for use in real-time 3D visualization, training, and simulation applications is a costly and labor-intensive process. Now that Anark Core supports OpenFlight, it is much more cost effective for developers to import optimized CAD models directly into the popular modeling tool, Creator™, and also into popular 3D Image Generation environments such as Vega Prime™ and Lyra™.
"Our customers depend on Anark Core to extract more value from their 3D product design data for use throughout the extended enterprise,” said Stephen Collins, Anark CEO. "Adding OpenFlight support will help to dramatically reduce development timelines, thereby saving organizations significant time and expense developing visual simulation applications that require the import of optimized 3D CAD models and assemblies.”
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- SolidWorks Software Helps Bring a 30 Year Dream to Life; Re-creation of U.S.S. Missouri