Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE:A) and AMCAD Engineering today announced that AMCAD has endorsed Agilent’s Advanced Design System (ADS) electronic design automation (EDA) software for the development of advanced high-power device models. Using ADS, the industry’s leading RF EDA tool, AMCAD engineers have achieved a significant breakthrough in RF/microwave device modeling -- successfully modeling hot and cold operation modes of high-power devices such as amplifiers and mixers.
Thanks to Agilent’s ADS software, AMCAD is now able to provide its wireless communications and aerospace/defense customers with advanced high-power device models that are:
* well conditioned -- the models enable fast simulation without convergence issues;
* accurate in DC and the RF domain, from linear to highly nonlinear operating conditions;
* complete -- the models include self-heating phenomena, dynamic thermal behavior and trapping effects; and
* versatile -- the models are usable for harmonic balance multi-tone and transient analysis.
“With a number of system integrators now externalizing components, the RF/microwave design chain has changed,” said Saliou Dieye, EMEA marketing manager with Agilent’s EEsof EDA division. “Agilent EEsof’s mission is to enable a smooth design chain in which both stakeholders can easily and reliably exchange design information. Our collaboration with AMCAD -- both in design and measurement -- brings tremendous value to our common customers.”
“While electro-thermal effects and pulsed-mode operation modes are important parameters in high-power devices, they are not easily accounted for in simulation models,” said Stéphane Dellier, RF and Microwave project leader with AMCAD Engineering. “Through the ADS platform, with its unique set of features oriented toward our advanced high-power device models, our engineers can now effectively express all of their know-how. The resulting models have our highest confidence, as well as that of our customers, such as Thales Alenia Space.”
“Maintaining a high competitive level in the difficult space industrial market, while saving both time and cost, today demands that designers succeed with their designs in 'one shot,'” said Dominique Langrez, head of the Microwave Building Block Design Group at Thales Alenia Space. “Using realistic and accurate component models is one key to achieving this goal and is especially critical for us in the MMIC design field. AMCAD provides us with the complex electrical models (such as linear, non-linear, thermal, and hot or cold transistor) we need to meet this goal, directly implemented in the commercial CAD software ADS.”
ADS is the world’s leading electronic design automation platform for RF, microwave and high-speed digital design in wireless communications and networking, signal integrity, and aerospace-defense applications, enabling RF system, MMIC and multitechnology (e.g., laminate, module, SiP and PCB) RF design. The ADS platform comprises solutions for design entry, synthesis, system, circuit, 3-D EM simulation, analysis/post processing and a complete flow to manufacturing -- including layout, enhanced foundry-certified PDKs, LVS and DRC -- all in one single platform. It easily integrates with the designers’ enterprise IC or PCB framework.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio