Fast Growing Social Networking Community Targets 3D Artists and Creative Professionals.
CONCORD, MASS – Dassault Systèmes (DS) (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, announced today that 3DVIA.com, its online community designed specifically for 3D artists and enthusiasts, has passed the 100,000-member mark. Today’s announcement comes a little over a year after 3DVIA.com was updated in March 2008.
3DVIA.com is a social networking site where 3D artists and enthusiasts from around the world interact with one another, learn from 3D experts and upload and share their own 3D creations in 3DVIA’s interactive viewer, the 3DVIA Player.
“We are very proud to have reached this important milestone,” said Lynne Wilson, CEO of Dassault Systèmes’ 3DVIA brand. “The growth in our community demonstrates that more and more people understand the value of 3D content. They want to learn more and keep coming back. Today we have modelers, but we also believe 3D will power the next generation of highly engaging online communication—a new set of applications that will enable us all to see and experience many new things in lifelike settings, online, shared with our friends and colleagues.”
Examples include homes which may be redecorated and showcased virtually in 3D, exploring commercial spaces in 3D prior to renting, workforce training using 3D simulations to better maintain shop floor equipment and urban planning scenarios projected in 3D. “3DVIA.com is attracting the creative community that will help drive this transformation,” added Wilson.
The site’s rich library of 3D groups, blogs and tutorials, as well as free online 3D modeling software resources, serves the needs of 3D novices and experts.
“There are all levels of modelers that upload to 3DVIA,” said Bruce Lehmann, a 3DVIA community member known as Omind on the site. “3DVIA’s atmosphere is great for those mid-level amateurs like me and experienced creators too. The feedback I’ve received from those more experienced than I has been friendly and helpful.”
The 3DVIA community, along with its networking, sharing, learning and modeling tools will be showcased at DEVCON 2009 in Vélizy, France June 23-24 along with other key 3DVIA technologies.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets