Vero Software, a leading provider of CAD/CAM/CAE solutions for the tooling industry, is announcing a new collaboration with CADENAS, the largest external library of 3D standard components available on the market - CADENAS PARTsolutions has over 500 library suppliers, covering thousands of components for multiple market sectors. The integration of CADENAS PARTsolutions into VISI17 will enable tool makers to shorten design times by providing access to readily available standard components for their mould or die assemblies.
VISI 17, Vero's flagship product already contains intelligent 3D catalogues with over 50 dedicated suppliers to the tooling industry. The partnership with CADENAS further extends this capability and ensures that Vero customers have access to thousands of additional components.
Two levels of integration are available. The first level will be access to on-line catalogues via the CADENAS PARTserver portal. Catalogues are continually updated and can be downloaded directly from the internet in a number of CAD formats including a new native VISI *.CVF format.
The second level of integration is a direct plug-in for VISI and requires a licensed installation of PARTsolutions on the host machine. In this case, the selected library component is immediately available and loaded directly into the current CAD session. Importantly, the data provided by PARTsolutions when loaded by VISI is not a 'dumb solid' - the data contains all of the BOM attributes and associated cavities allowing the designer to use the catalogue data more efficiently.
Commenting on the collaboration with Vero, Jürgen Heimbach, General Manager of CADENAS says, “Vero offer an inimitable software solution, one that radically enhances the efficiency of design and manufacturing processes. We are proud of having such a well qualified partner who chose to integrate our parts management system”.
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio