MADRID, Spain – Siemens PLM Software, a business unit of the Siemens Industry Automation Division and a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services, today announced two new local online PLM resource centers to help Spanish companies address today’s business challenges and turn more of their ideas into successful products. The new online resource centers are part of a global initiative which was announced earlier this year.
The localized small to medium size business (SMB) resource center will show small manufacturing businesses how implementing a PLM strategy can help them better respond to the needs of their customers. Siemens PLM Software shows SMB customers how to reduce customer delivery by 50 percent, reduce engineering change orders by 40 percent, and save 30 percent in physical prototyping costs. Siemens PLM Software’s top performing SMB customers use PLM to achieve these kinds of savings so they can respond quickly to customer needs.
Similarly, the localized medium to large enterprise (MLE) resource center is designed to show how implementing a PLM strategy can help address today’s global business challenges. Siemens PLM Software shows how top performing MLE customers have addressed global business challenges to implement concurrent processes that reduce time-to-market by up to 30 percent, enable as much as 90 percent data reuse across global facilities and increase quality with up to 95 percent less rework.
These new local online resources are available to both current and potential customers.
“In today’s global business environment the requirement to bring new and profitable product to market, couldn't be higher,” said Joan Francàs, General Manager, Spain Siemens PLM Software. “This environment requires a system and an approach to managing information around products that allows customers to deal with varied environments and still be profitable. There is really no way to compete in this global design-anywhere, make-anywhere, build-anywhere environment without a PLM strategy. Siemens PLM Software’s online resource center will provide information to local companies to address these challenges.”
- Tire maker Michelin develops FEA post-processing tools using MeshViz XLM and Open Inventor® by VSG
- FARO and Autodesk Collaborate to Add Support for Point Cloud Data to AutoCAD 2011
- Delcam presented with sixth Queen's Award
- Spatial Announces Registration Open for 3D Insiders' Summit 2011
- MSC Software and Sigmadyne Announce New Capabilities for Optimization of Optical Systems
- Official Thinkdesign 2011 Beta version Entering into the Build Phase - Ready for Imminent Release
- Materialise Innovation Forum Major Success
- COMET robot machining consortium meets at Fraunhofer
- Two Indian SolidWorks resellers add Sescoi's WorkNC to their portfolio
- Autodesk Acquires T-Splines Modeling Technology Assets